With You Every Step of the Way

Call: 01444 810 444

Mon-Fri 9.00-17.30

Catering Trailer Insurance

Get A QuoteIf you have a catering trailer you will need insurance specifically tailored to protect your business and here at Slade Edwards we can help you with this.

We specialise in providing catering trailer owners just like you with appropriate cover perfectly tailored to your needs. Whether it is a fish and chip, pizza, hog roast or other type of hot food trailer, you’ll want peace of mind that should anything happen, your livelihood is protected. Our expert team can arrange cover on a fully comprehensive basis providing loss against:

Catering trailer

Here’s what you can expect as standard:

  • Accidental damage
  • Malicious damage
  • Fire or theft incidents

The policy is Underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc

The policy will automatically provide cover for the fixtures and fittings, such as griddles, hot plates or fryers, that are permanently attached to your hot food trailer. The policy can also be extended to cover any damage that occurs whilst you are towing the trailer.

Our exclusive trailer policy offers competitive rates and you can also benefit from flexible payment options.

If you provide hot food catering at events, the organisers sometimes ask for proof of your public liability insurance in advance of you attending the event. You may also require employer’s liability insurance if you employ members of staff to work in the hot food trailer. Our friendly and experienced team can help you with all this, setting up employers and public liability insurance to cover all you need.

The policy we provide is exclusive and underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc. You’ll receive a professional and friendly service from our team. With our expertise and insurers award winning* claim service we can offer you year round peace of mind and protection.

Please pick up the phone and talk to us today about your catering trailer insurance on 01444 810 444, selecting option 1.

*2015 Insurance Times Awards – Claims Initiative of the year & 2015 National Agile Awards – Best Agile Team, eServe Claims team



  • I have catering equipment inside my trailer, is this included in the insurance?

    Yes, if it is permanently attached to the vehicle. You must include these fixtures and fittings in the value declared when the policy is arranged.
  • Can I take my trailer abroad under the insurance policy?

    No, but you can take it to the Isle of man and the Channel Islands as well as England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
  • Do I need security on my catering trailer for insurance purposes?

    Your specific requirements will be reviewed with you when we quote for your policy. You may be required to use Hitch-Locks, Wheel-clamps or arrange secure storage for the trailer when not in use.
  • Am I covered when towing my catering trailer?

    Yes, we can quote to extend your policy for an additional premium so any damage suffered by the trailer whilst under tow is covered.